top of page

Customs License Plates

You need customs license plates when exporting a vehicle from the Federal Republic of Germany that is not registered in Germany. The same applies to vehicles that have already been registered in the Federal Republic and no longer have this status.

The following documents are required:


  • signed application for registration & proxy

  • signed SEPA direct debit mandate

  • Fahrzeugschein / part I of registration certificate

  • Fahrzeugbrief / part II of registration certificate

  • Doppelkarte / certificate of motor vehicle liability insurance

  • valid TÜV certificate

  • ID card or passport with certificate of registration

  • re-registration of business (in case of business ownership) if applicable

  • trade register excerpt and company stamp (in case of legal entity) if applicable

    download application for registration incl. proxy
    , download SEPA direct debit mandate

bottom of page